Friday, October 16, 2009

Hall757 1.10

Mom always knew just how to get me. "Nooooooooo!" I screamed and burst into tears, I rushed from where I was hiding and jumped up into her arms. She picked me up and was trying hard to control a smile she said in a serious voice "My darling! whatever is it?" I glared at her and this time she couldn't hold it in any more. She spun me around laughing at her precious little girl she couldn't bear to live without. Her and her sister Holly. Hally was still crying as she hugged her close and she didn't know why. The joke was over but she held her close, smoothed her hair and patted her curly haired head. I thought she was really not going to give me some pudding that we worked so hard making. After a while I realized that she was going to let me have some cookies and pie and pudding but I didn't want to show I did so I frowned. But then panic came over me again-what if she ate them all while she was sleeping? So I told her sniffling-the words coming out mumbled. When I was finished she started laugh again and bent to where I was and pinched my nose a twinkle in her eye. And I got angry because she was laughing. "Hally you know I was just playing my sweetums." She said kissing a wet teary cheek. I squirmed, twisted, wiggled and turned in her arms my lower lip poking out a scowl on my face still not satisfied with her answer. Mother was used to my sudden outbursts like this-and the pouting fits after.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!