Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hally757 1.12

My face still wet from crying I stuck my thumb into my mouth and Mom switching me to her hip so she could cook, carried me into the kitchen to finish the rest of the baking I couldn’t do. She moved slowly around the kitchen humming a tune and gently switching me around when I got too heavy. For a while it’s quiet and it’s unusual to our normal loud and noisy Christmas Eve. Resting my head on her should I was silent while I watched her cook. My eyelids felt heavy and started drooping.
Mom was a small person with a small frame and everything she did was smooth and graceful. Moving around almost in a swaying motion I almost fell asleep on her shoulder. When she was finished putting the pie in the oven she said “That’ll be awhile so let’s finish the tree while we wait and I have a surprise for you! She said wiping her hands on her apron “But first I need you to go get the stockings so we can hang them. We’ve got a lot to do before Grandma and Grandpa get here,” She said kissing my forehead and putting me down. I moaned because she woke me out of my sleep and I didn’t want to get down. She went back into the kitchen and when I hadn’t moved she look over her shoulder and saw me standing there rubbing my eyes thumb in my mouth. “Go ahead, now” she said, gently hitting my bottom sending me off to get the stockings. I came back and mom walking out of the kitchen came over to me and we continued decorating the tree, singing and yelling like nothing ever happened. We are singing jingle bells and Christmas carols so loud we could be heard down the street, but we couldn’t care less; we were hanging ornaments and we do it every year and it’ s almost a tradition that could never be interrupted-Mom got really mad when it did.
We sang jingle bells again starting out softly we gradually got louder and when we got to the chorus we sang it at the top of our lungs and louder that ever twisting the words a little” JINGLE BELLS JINGLE BELLS JINGLE ALL THE WAY!!!! OH WHAT FUN IT IS TO RIDE IN A LIMOSINE WITH GREEN JEANS! JINGLE BELLS BATMAN SMELLS GREG
PARKER STINKS LIKE BEANS! MR. DELL ATE A BELL AND WE LOVE BEING MEAN!! JINGLE BELLS JINGLE BELLS SANTA’S HERE SO WE…
 “ WE MUST NOT BE SEEN- EATING- GREEN BEANS? Green Beans? Huh? We looked at each other. Where did that come from? We were trying to find something to end that rhymed. We looked for months and now we found something but was it right? Who cares!?”
We repeated the last line and finished the song then collapsed on top of the couch laughing at our new “Green bean” ending to Jingle bells-with our laughing echoing outside we didn’t even know Dad was watching us from outside planning to attack any minute.


Here's a link to hear Jingle bells...It's cute ;) Click the purple words.
Jingle Bells Song


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!