Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hally757 1.19

  I thought he was joking and so did mom and the look on his face was so real, but before she could say anything he got in his car and sped off tires screeching leaving a cloud of dust behind, leaving us in total silence with the door swinging on it’s hinges.
The cold and fear eating us away inside. The sudden silence was unbearable and it was drowning out my ears ringing louder and louder. We just sat there in the silence I was only hurt a little but mom was almost unconscious she was still panting and groping for air. Her breathing was raspy and shaky. She was laying in a puddle of blood her clothes stained and dried blood was on her face. The red mark from Dad’s slap was still there, jumping out at me. My head was swimming and everything was out of focus
And I could hardly move.
Finally it takes me a few seconds to realize actually who it is- in the corner on her knees mom is crying uncontrollably her frail shoulders shaking violently. Her hands were covering her beautiful face and the delicate features dad had left now expressionless. I wondered if it would be like that forever then I looked at her long shiny auburn hair reaching to her waist. The pearl hairpin her grandmother gave years ago when she was a little girl lay broken in a heap on the floor, the pieces glistening in the light. Now her hair lay loose cascading over her shoulders and face to hide her now crumpled face, ashamed. Blood is still spilling and the vomit is starting to smell. Mom is still in the corner crying and weeping loudly.
She sounds so lonely and frightened and the pain is choking up her voice. Then before I know it I’m crying softly then, as mom crying gets worse mine gets louder. She must have heard because she looked around and slowly came towards me. Now she is so close I can hear her breathing she grabs me and covers me and I hold on for dear life I want to grab onto her and never let go. I’m still shaking and she holds me closer runny nose and all rubbing my head rocking me back and forth and whispering soothingly in my ears. I was so cold and scared and hungry. I didn’t know what was happening. My ears were still ringing as if she understood she covers my ears trying to block out the thing that was attacking me. Wrapping arms around me as tight as she can. She smiles, and continues rocking. Hours later I’m still fidgety and unsettled and soon I start crying again for the hundredth time that day, mom held me and we both cried together for a while our house a wreck. Glass everywhere blood splattered against the wall.



A very moving song.
Where is the Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!