Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hally757 1.7

I hear myself screaming over and over and its like I'm watching myself through bottle glass. Its like there's a deep dark hole with a force pulling me toward it more and more to fall into the hole. Then it starts to change again. The familiar, but scary dream clouding over, I'm spinning and whirling through time, and this time I've landed home. The nightmarish scene of the the dream was over and now the next part was happy..at least for now. The suddenly almost as if a violent storm had suddenly stopped and the ship drifted in calm water, the dream cut off and became perfectly peaceful and quiet. I smile and let my mother's voice flow over me. I hear a sweet, warm voice-beckoning her small child. "Hally...Hally...Hally...Hally..Hally...Hally...Where are you?" It went over and over. "Hally..Hally..." Almost like a chant, the thing kept calling my name, but it was only mom. "Hally." She called softly down the hall. It's Christmas Eve and mother and I were decorating the tree and baking for Christmas dinner when we decided to play hide and seek. It was our first Christmas dinner after mom and dad's divorce. The court allowed Hally to stay with their mother at home, but her brother and twin sister Holly were sent away to foster homes until their mother was able to care for all her children again. Hally didn't her mother lied to her and told her that they were at a friends house...somehow all the excuses never added up to her. She believed everything her mother said because they were so close. In her defense Hally's mom told herself that her two young daughters were too young to understand the divorce...so she lied. She hated it but she just couldn't bear the look on their faces. Keeping it from them was the best thing. She thought. Maybe when they are a little older. When Hally came downstairs that morning she saw that nobody was home. Her mother said they left this morning to go to a friends house. When she asked where her father was her mother said "Daddy had some important things to do today." At that moment she knew something was wrong, but she didn't really know what. She didn't know he was gone for good.

Hally & Holly's father (Brad)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!