Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hally757 2.2

It seemed like I just couldn’t concentrate on anything today. That horrible night when I was 3-years old was stuck on me following around and irritating me like a little brother or sister. My thoughts and emotions were all twisted and tangled up inside. Sometimes I suddenly got angry at my Dad and I felt like I had to let out and burst out yelling at Mom for no reason getting out of control but I couldn’t stop it was like something evil was inside controlling me. When I realized what I had done I run to my room and burst into tears. I kept going up and down. Happy, angry, sad and not exactly in that order.
I sighed staring at screen. I didn’t know what was happening and all theses feelings were leaving me just about beat and with school these days I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open during class. When I first went to high school in 8th grade with all the chores at home and Sammie and Emmie to take care of I had to quit tennis after school I had a hard time giving it up. But now I’m in 9th grade and it’s ok, but with Sam and Emmie all day I keep falling asleep in class and lately got mixed with the wrong people and I’m constantly in trouble with teachers. Last week when I was suspended for a week Mom was so mad she came all the way from work to take me home. When she got there I had a black eye from a fight and she fussed over all day. We argued over it in the kitchen with Sam and Emmie watching but that was just the beginning…
Everyday directly after school I have to pick up my five–year-old brother Sammy and my-one year-old sister Emily after school and take care of them until mom or Holly gets home. -If she comes home. She hardly does so I don’t bank on it. Mostly she only comes home on weekends or when she is free. Maybe she’s gotten too good for me- my own twin. She’s only 3 minutes older and she acts like she’s . She’s Practically a copy of me. We could switch lives and no one would be able to tell the difference. I often thought of trying it but Holly says she doesn’t want to be stuck taking care of Sammy and Emmie all day.
Once in a while she will come home and Mom will be excited makes this strange new recipe dinner that no one eats, and Holly’s always in such a rush and doesn’t even offer to help me with Sam and Emmie. She hardly even knows them anymore. Holly goes to boarding school in Parklands with her perfect life. She never has to worry about anything with her bratty blonde hair blue eyed friends, and pretending to be like them.
Once she even dyed her hair blonde, and when she came back I almost died laughing so she just went to her room and cried accusing me left and right and saying she wanted to be like them. I just laughed even harder even Sammy was laughing. When mom came home late and tired. I told her what happened and she climbed the steps and knocked on Holly’s door “Come on out honey it can’t be all that bad” When she came out I cracked up she had tried to fix it and made it worse, her hair came out a ugly green color. And she had also tried to cut out some of bad bits. And she tried to straighten the frizz that looked like she got electrocuted.
The effect was comical! Mom, I had to hand it to her she tried extremely hard as a parent to keep from laughing her lips pursed together. But a grin sneaked up on her face. When Holly explained what happened sobbing like a baby and not leaving out anything, when she was finished mom just stared silent her lips pressed together. Then she couldn’t hold it in any longer she burst out laughing and we both laughed together, I laughed so hard my stomach was about to explode and mom was laughing so hard tears were rolling down her face. When Holly saw us she ran to her bed threw herself on it crying even more. And looking like a little 4 year old girl with a tantrum. Then mom got serious and told her sharply to get up and get washed for dinner. There was nothing that could be done for now.
At dinner one look at each other set Mom and I off laughing all over again. I’ll never forget that day. Oh by the way my sister's name is Hally. I don't like to speak of her that much.
***


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!