Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hally757 1.6

"No! No! Stop! Leave me alone! Leave me alone!" I wanted to scream and yell out for someone to hear and help me and to stop this horrible thing that was grabbing me with its claws, but the sound that came out was just above a whisper. My mind drifts once again this time back to that cold November night on Berkly St., Maine. The leaves from the maple trees swarmed into view and I hear children's shrieks of laughter. I could almost smell the fresh, crisp air rippling around me. It's very blurry at first; I can hardly make out what everything was. I hear a small frightened child's voice with her hand reaching out and calling "Daddy...Daddy...Daddy..." The voice says the same thing over and over and over. scences change and suddenly it's gone. Taking me back rapidly in time. It goes back to when I had just turned three...before all the trouble started. Things are gradually getting familiar. The day when dad left. We are all standing on the doorstep. I'm clinging onto mom's dress fearfully. It's a habit I picked up whenever I was scared or worried. One small hand molded snugly in her big one. My head leaning against her body. The wind blows on and on and mom reaches down to where I am and puts her hand on my back to stop my shaking. The sky overhead is bleary, gray and dark, literally the color of my life an emphasizing our moods. Nothing was happy anymore then. Of course we were happy sometimes but the real peace and forever joy our family once had was gone. Where had it all gone I wonder. All night I rack my brain trying to figure out the answer to this horrible life we live, but as soon as I got close to anything something pushed me away only making me farther and farther away from the truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!