Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hally757 2.7

Downstairs it was noisy and the T.V. was blaring but it’s been like this forever I hardly notice anything. This was one of the nights mom came home before I was already in bed. Whenever mom came home early she always brought me a present to thank me for watching Sam and Emmie it was always something from her job this time it was a disgusting health bar with oatmeal and grains and honey with raisins I think it was. I don’t remember I went up stairs to the bathroom and spit it out and gave the rest to Godfrey Sammy’s pet rat. Something fell but I knew mom was just fixing the T.V. again “Holly!” Mom called again “ Turn off the light and get-!”
But before she could finish a loud crash rocked the house.
“ Mom! You’ll wake Emmie!” I said worried that I wouldn’t get any study in if she woke up and started crying. It took me and hour-and-a half just to put Emmie to sleep and Sammy kept messing with spiders all day and playing with ants I had to bathe him for 30 minutes. Emmie’s shirt was stained with baby food, but I hid from Mom so wouldn’t have to know and there would be no trouble. “ What a day” I thought, glancing over at my unfinished homework. I knew exactly what Mom would be doing, I thought to myself my thoughts already running wild at the possible things mom would be doing. She would be snuggled up on the couch loudly crunching the microwave popcorn her body trembling like a lost child, clutching her daily supply of tissues and occasionally dabbing her eyes in case the soaps got too bad- if you know what I mean. It was all fake.I turned another page and started reading but my thoughts again drifted. I could already hear her stifling sobs- she must be at the part where Gretchen puts a knife to her heart puts her hand to her forehead and dies holding the knife the part played over dramatically, and Julius is “heartbroken”; in “despair” in complete misery. 
Blah blah blah. When all of sudden mom would see the T.V. tipping and in a mad frenzy spills her popcorn and knocks over her soda and races to catch the T.V. of course it’s heavy and she reaches out a coke-covered arm for the sticky tape. Her arm isn’t long enough and she has to make a choice “I have to make a choice” She probably thinks to herself. This story was familiar but I couldn’t think how so I continued knowing something dreadful was coming but I ignored it finally she lets go and makes a dive for the couch where the tape is “ Yes! I did it I actually! Did it Alright!”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!